Library National Awareness Day Celebrated in BiH “Don't Judge Book By Its Cover”
The University of Sarajevo marked Library National Awareness Day under the motto Do Not Judge Book by Cover on 25/10/2019.
The central activity was held at the Faculty of Philosophy under the title Librarize It - Library Fair of University of Sarajevo Higher Education Libraries, where participants could hear, among other things, a presentation by Merima Zukić from the UNSA Faculty of Philosophy on the topic “Students with Disabilities in the Academic Community.”
Homage to Prof. Dr. Kemal Bakaršić (1956-2006), organized by the Kemal Bakaršić Foundation was organized too. There spoke Prof. Dr. Muhamed Dželilović, Faculty of Philosophy Dean, Prof. Dr. Srebren Dizdar, Faculty of Philosophy and Feđa Kulenović, winner of the 2011 Foundation Award.
Within the event “Yoga and Meditation in the Library”, practical examples were discussed how to overcome everyday problems and achieve peace with the help of yoga and meditation
Attendees had the opportunity to hear numerous presentations on the following topics:
- Continuity of scientific work on the history of libraries in BiH: talk on the publication of the book “Library and Librarianship in Bosnia and Herzegovina: 1975 – 2010” by S. Čeliković; - Prof. Dr. Senada Dizdar (UNSA Faculty of Philosophy) and Prof. Dr. Lejla Kodrić-Zaimović (UNSA Faculty of Philosophy)
- Tasks of school libraries in curricula - Prof. Dr. Senada Dizdar (UNSA Faculty of Philosophy)
- Educational competencies of school librarians - Doz. Dr. Emina Dedić Bukvić (UNSA Faculty of Philosophy)
- Information and media literacy as strategic knowledge - contribution of libraries – Prof. Dr. Beba Rašidović (UNSA Faculty of Criminalistics, Criminology and Security Studies)
- Interview on the publication of the book “Digital Growth and Postdigital Goods” by Doc. Dr. M. HIbert - Prof. Dr. Muhamed Dželilović (UNSA Faculty of Philosophy) and Saša Madacki (UNSA).
The University of Sarajevo was joined by partner libraries, including the Library of the Academy of Sciences and Arts of BiH and the Library of Sarajevo, and this year our target group was teenagers and users with disabilities.
The goal of Library National Awareness Day was to remind citizens of the importance of library involvement in building a knowledge society. National Library Awareness Day in BiH in 2019 was marked by more than 50 different activities to be implemented by partner institutions, and a message was sent that there was no quality education without libraries.