Student Support Office implemented the Training Program for Academic Staff in the Inclusive Education Field
The University of Sarajevo Student Support Office has implemented the first cycle of the Training Program for University of Sarajevo academic staff within the project Higher Education - Education for All project (HE4ALL) - the UNICEF component.
The training program was implemented at the University of Sarajevo’s Rectorate on 27 and 28 June, 04 and 05 July and 11 and 12 July. It consisted of three modules that academic staff could select in general or individually by modules.
The inclusive education training included the following units:
First module: Introduction to inclusive education
(Leaders: Prof. Dr. Lejla Kafedžić and Doz. Dr. Lejla Osmić)
• Inclusive Education Basic Prerequisites
• Observations and impressions
• Social exclusion and inclusive education in higher education insitutions
• Vocational training of teachers for inclusive education
• Respect for diversity and support for all students - a common vision
Second module: Through joint work to inclusive practice
(Leaders: Prof. Dr. Snježana Šušnjara and Dr. Sc. Merima Zukić)
• Application of communication in the professional relationships development
• Cooperation for participating
• Working with others in order to improve the quality of education
• Bioecological theory
• Encouraging self-determination among students with disabilities
Third module: An environment that fosters individualized learning
(Leaders: Doz. Dr. Sandra Bjelan-Guska, and Anida Manko, MA)
• Situational awareness in higher education
• Opportunities and barriers to student learning and participation
• Differentiated teaching and personalized learning
• Applying UDL principles in creating a learning environment
• Application of assistive technology in higher education
The training program was attended by academic staff employed at various organizational units. We use the opportunity to thank all the participants in the training for applying and participating in the implementation of topics, sharing experiences and discussion.
The same Training Program will be implemented again in September 2019.
The training program is implemented within the project Higher Education - Education for All (VOzaSVE/HE4ALL) funded by UNICEF.