Council for Science and the Arts
The Council for Science and Arts is a professional and advisory body to the University Senate having the following competencies:
- proposes strategies for the sciences and arts development and improvement at the University of Sarajevo;
- examines research projects through public invitations to be applied via the University of Sarajevo to the Senate;
- gives an opinion on distributing extra budgetary incomes from scientific and artistic activities;
- performs other activities in the field of c research and arts as determined by the Senate.
The University of Sarajevo Council for Science and Arts was constituted at the 3rd regular UNSA Senate session of 28 December 2016.
The Council has nine members:
- Academician, Prof. Dr. Dejan Milošević, Natural Sciences and Mathematics and Biotechnical Sciences Group representative and Council Chairman,
- Academician, Prof. Dr. Muris Čičić, Social Sciences Group representative,
- Academician, Prof. Dr. Branislava Peruničić, professor emeritus, Technical Sciences Group representative,
- Prof. Dr. Izet Rađo, Vice-Rector, Humanities Group representative
- Prof. Dr. Ivan Čavlović, professor emeritus, Arts Group representative
- Dr. sci. Elijas Tauber, University of Sarajevo representative,
- Doz. Dr. Semir Vranić, Medical Sciences Group representative,
- Prof. Dr. Sebija Izetbegović, University of Sarajevo Steering Committee representative,
- Lejla Lasić, MA student enrolled in the third cycle of studies, UNSA Students’ Parliament representative.