International Relations Office at the University of Sarajevo was established with the aim of coordinating the activities and development of international relations with partner universities and educational, research and other partner institutions and networks of cooperation from Europe and the world.
Our mission is to strengthen the internationalization of the University of Sarajevo by presenting this institution as a modern university of European quality.
Our values are reflected in: the tradition of international cooperation (the first international bilateral agreement was signed in 1965 with the Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University in Greifswald, Germany), a culture of openness to foreign students, teachers and associates from the region but also wider (several hundred foreign students and staff members visit UNSA every year), raising awareness of international relations among our students and staff members (UNSA is active in many mobility programs, such as Erasmus +, Erasmus Mundus, CEEPUS, etc.).
Our vision is reflected through the strengthening of leadership in international co-operation. With over 300 international agreements (bilateral or through a program / project) with universities across the world and membership in several important international organizations and networks, we expect to intensify mobility that will enable our students, teachers and associates to express their quality on an international scale, but also to develop through such contacts.
Who are we?
Our teamis a small, but hard-working and creative team:
- Prof. Dr. Aleksandra Nikolić, Vice-Rector for International Relations
- Dr. sci. Jasna Bošnjović, Head of the International Relations Office
- Mr. sci. Adnan Rahimić, International Relations Officer
- Anja Njuhović, International Relations Officer
In addition to the Central International Relations Office, we are successfully cooperate with the Vice-Dean/Coordinators for International Relations at UNSA member institutions.
Our Office actively promotes and implements several projects and programs related to the international mobility of incoming and outgoing students, teaching and non-teaching staff (Erasmus+, Erasmus Mundus, CEEPUS, Mevlana), records and implements the establishment of international cooperation through bilateral agreements and monitors participation of UNSA in international networks and memberships. In addition to this, our Office is also responsible for:
- MOBILITY: By participating in many mobility programs, our Office promotes programs, prepares calls and texts, prepares application documents, collects them, sends them to partner universities and acts as a mediator between student, academic and administrative staff and partner university;
- INFO DAYS / WORKSHOPS: In order to inform students, academic and administrative staff about mobility programs and other international projects, our service organizes information days and workshops providing all information on current vacancies, opportunities and helps with the application of interested candidates;
- SCHOLARSHIP FAIR: Recognizing the importance of mobility of students, teachers and associates through partner universities in Europe and beyond, the UNSA International Relations Office is a successful organizer of the Scholarship fair - a unique event of this kind in Bosnia and Herzegovina, whose goal is to gather all the institutions that award and / or administer scholarships or provide other types of financial support for study in BiH and abroad and to provide the space for many institutions to present their scholarship and financial support programs and give BiH students the opportunity to receive all information about studying abroad in one place;
- WELCOME DAY (AND ORIENTATION PROGRAM): following the good practice of partner universities from the European Union and beyond, the UNSA International Relations Office organizes a Welcome Day and an orientation program aimed at informing students, teachers and associates with our university, history, tradition and culture, as well as the history, tradition, culture and customs of our city and country, providing them with all the necessary academic and practical information. Within the orientation program, students will get acquainted with BH students who have also participated in exchange projects, have the opportunity to learn Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian language and visit the significant tourist destinations of our country;
- LOCAL LANGUAGE SCHOOL: in cooperation with the Faculty of Philosophy, our Office organizes Language school of Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian for foreign students as the course of the whole semester;
- COOPERATION WITH ACADEMIC COORDINATORS: In order provide successful implementation of credit mobility, our Office cooperates with the academic coordinators of the organizational units of the University of Sarajevo (vice-deans, coordinators) in providing the necessary academic information;
- INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS COMMITTEE: The Committee is an advisory body working to strengthen internationalization and intensify inter-university cooperation with partner universities outside of Bosnia and Herzegovina through structured programs;
- PUBLICATIONS: For better promotion, our Office is active in the design and design of various publications and brochures on international programs as well as on the better presentation of the University of Sarajevo;
- SOCIAL PAGES: Our Office is very active in promotion of international relations through various social networks: Facebok | YouTube | Instagram | LinkedIN.
The International Cooperation Department is located at the Rectorate of the University of Sarajevo (address: Obala Kulina bana 7 / II - third floor).